Employers & Experience: Ernst & Young
Johan's position called for business development, leadership skills, the ability to handle a large, mixed portfolio of clients and a solid understanding of all forms of taxation.
Typical assignments were the following:
<< Back to Johan Kotze's profile
- Numerous tax reviews of companies, varying from entrepreneurial companies to multi-national groups to public utility companies
- Re-capitalisation to avoid thin capitalisation and recoupment sections.
- Capital Gains Tax implications of non-residents
- Residence-based tax implications of branches of non-resident companies
- Transfer pricing assignments
- Various leasehold improvement structures
- Bare dominium schemes
- Structures to avoid tax
- Structures utilising insurance products
- Deferral of income